Sunday, July 7, 2013

Book Review: God Hates You, Hate Him Back: Making Sense of the Bible

I haven't done a book review in ages, but I have to say - this dude's book has me in stitches. C.J. Werleman does an extraordinary job of harpooning the most basic contradictions in the bible, articulating them in such a detailed fashion that leaves the reader in a state of - "Oh yeah, of COURSE!".

He goes through the Bible book by book, chapter by chapter, revealing the obvious contradictions that the casual reader would not pick up on. Like me... I've read it cover to cover dozens of times, but never really picked up on the ugly morals, and sanctioned evils, and the character of God himself - which should make us all shudder.  Mind you, I was reading it as a bible-bashing born-again Christian. Duh...

Funny what happens when you read the fine print.

Warning: he swears throughout the book, but to me, it adds to the import of his messages: HEY FOLKS, the bible is the best argument against itself!

Check it out if you dare.  Cheers friends,

Jim

No comments: